Before leaving


To enter the United States, you must be in possession of a passport with validity until at least six months after your stay. Each person who travels must have their own passport, including children.
The visa waiver program organised by the United States is valid for stays of 90 days. It concerns countries in the European Union and a list of specific countries. Check with US consular services.
You may be exempted from visa requirements if you meet the following conditions:
- You possess a valid biometric passport from a country participating in the programme.
- You have an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA).
- You have a return ticket.
- You use an approved carrier for your travel (air or sea).
- You are travelling for leisure or business.
- You can show your creditworthiness.


No vaccinations are required to enter the country.
It is nevertheless advisable for adults and children to have all their vaccinations updated: Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) and diphtheria-tetanus-poliomyelitis (DTP).
A rabies vaccination is recommended for travel in areas where you may encounter wild animals.

Check that you are covered in the US with your insurance company. Healthcare costs can be high.
In order to protect yourself from the Zika, dengue and chikungunya viruses, protect yourself from mosquito bites by wearing appropriate clothing and using repellents.


120 volts
Plug type A/B
Frequency: 60 Hz
Plugs have two flat pins (sometimes a third round pin)
Don’t forget to bring an adapter
110-120 V with Bring an adapter

Today 11:41, Washington

8 ideas for visits and activities / 17 hotels

Let our City Guides be your guide and discover all the addresses you need!

Discover our City Guides


the national currency in the United States of America is the United States Dollar (USD).
1 GBP = 1.22 USD.*
* Exchange rate provided as a guideline only

Where can you change your money?
You can change your money in international banks and airports. You can also opt for travellers cheques, obtained from banks.

It is normal practice to leave a tip in restaurants and bars, either in cash or by adding it to your bill when you pay. It's commonplace to give between 15 and 20% of the total amount of the bill.



Flying is the fastest mode of transport for covering large distances and connecting the major cities.
The United States has a comprehensive rail network for travel across the country. With some companies you can choose private compartments, as well as passes where you choose the number of stops you'll make over a specified duration.
Another travel option is the coach. Greyhound serves more than 1,700 locations throughout the country. The Discovery Pass allows you unlimited travel on a specified number of days (7, 15, 30 or 60 days).
You can also travel around the country by hiring a car. Driving is on the right.
The major American cities have a comprehensive transport network: underground, bus ... They also have trains that connect suburbs to the city centres.
There is a good network of taxis in the US, although it remains the most expensive means of transport.

Key numbersKEY NUMBERS

In an emergency (police, fire service, ambulances…): 911


English is spoken in the United States.

Netherlands Netherlands
Thailand Thailand
Germany Germany
Belgium Belgium
Portugal Portugal
United Kingdom
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Spain Spain
France France
China China
Brazil Brazil
Italy Italy
Singapore Singapore
Australia Australia
Poland Poland
Austria Austria
New-zealand New-zealand
Switzerland Switzerland
Canada Canada
Indonesia Indonesia

+ All our practical information

1 - Discover our hotels
Discover our hotels

Book your business trip or family holiday on and benefit from a wide selection of hotels, from budget to luxury.

1 - Discover our hotels + See
2 - Airport transfer
Airport transfer

Need to get to an airport? Book your transfer with our partner, Mozio.

2 - Airport transfer + See
3 - Your travel starts here...
Your travel starts here...

Get inspired by our travel ideas and find your ideal destination with The Magazine by!

3 - Your travel starts here... + See
As of 12 November 2014, this visa facilitation covers the following countries

Afghanistan ; Albania ; Argentina ; Bahrain ; Bangladesh ; Benin ; Botswana ; Brazil ; Brunei ; Burkina Faso ; Burma (Myanmar) ; Chad ; Cambodia ; China ; Colombia ; Comoros ; Congo ; Cuba ; Djibouti ; Dominican Republic ; Ecuador ; Egypt ; Equatorial Guinea ; El Salvador ; Ethiopia ; Fiji ; Gabon ; Guinea ; Haiti ; Hong Kong ; Iran ; Iraq ; India ; Ivory Coast ; Jamaica ; Kuwait ; Laos ; Lebanon ; Libya ; Macedonia ; Madagascar ; Malaysia ; Mali ; Mauritania ; Mauritius ; Mexico ; Mongolia ; Morocco ; Nepal ; New Zealand ; Niger ; Oman ; Pakistan ; Panama ; Papua New Guinea ; Paraguay ; Peru ; Qatar ; Saint Lucia ; Salvador ; Senegal ; Serbia ; Seychelles ; Singapore ; South Africa ; South Korea ; Sudan ; Surinam ; Taiwan ; Tanzania ; Thailand ; Togo ; Tunisia ; Turkmenistan ; Uganda ; Uruguay ; Vanuatu ; Venezuela ; Yemen ; Zimbabwe