Before leaving


To enter Canada, you must be in possession of a valid travel document such as a passport.
Citizens of the European Union do not need a visa. But they must complete an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). It is obtained online with a payment of 7 Canadian dollars.
US citizens do not require a visa or an eTA. They just need to provide valid identification.


No vaccinations are required to enter the country.
It is nevertheless advisable for adults and children to have all their vaccinations updated:
Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), diphtheria-tetanus-poliomyelitis (DTP) and Hepatitis A and B.
A rabies vaccination is also recommended if you are planning a visit involving lots of outdoor activities; in the case of activities taking place in proximity to wildlife.

Check your illness or accident cover with your health insurance provider.


120 volts
Plug type A/B
Frequency: 60 Hz
Plugs have two flat pins (sometimes a third round pin)
Remember to bring an adapter

Today 11:41, Ottawa

6 ideas for visits and activities / 2 hotels

Let our City Guides be your guide and discover all the addresses you need!

Discover our City Guides


The currency in Canada is the Canadian dollar (CAD).
1 EUR = 1.44 CAD.*
1 USD = 1.32 CAD.*
* Exchange rate provided as a guideline only

Where can you change your money?
You can change your money in towns, in banks and bureaux de change.
The exchange rate is more favourable in major cities.
You can also order your dollars on the internet.
You can change your money in international banks and airports.

Tipping is not mandatory, except in some larger restaurants.
But it is customary to leave 15-20% of the total pre-tax amount of the bill when the service has been satisfactory.



To rent a car or campervan in Canada, you must have a valid driver's licence, prove that you have insurance or take out a policy when you hire the vehicle.
Campervan hire is quite commonplace in Canada. But you need to book one several months in advance.
Airlines are offering increasingly attractive fares to the major Canadian cities.
The least expensive way is still the bus. It is also the most comprehensive form of transport, enabling you to stop in the smaller villages. The east and west of the country are served by different companies.
The rail network covers the whole country. It is best to buy tickets in advance in order to get the cheapest fares. To save money, you can opt for travel cards that allow you to make unlimited stops on one journey. The Can Rail Pass gives you 12 days of unlimited travel over a period of one month. On the coast, ferries carry passengers and their vehicles.
The major Canadian cities have a bus, underground or train network, as well as taxi companies. There are also lots of buses.

Key numbersKEY NUMBERS

For an emergency: 911 (fire service, police, ambulance)


Federally, the two official languages of Canada are French and English.
English remains the most widely-used language.

A few phrases to remember :

Hello: Bon matin in Quebec, Hello in English
Goodbye: Good-bye
Toilets: bathrooms

Netherlands Netherlands
Thailand Thailand
Germany Germany
Belgium Belgium
Portugal Portugal
United Kingdom
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Spain Spain
France France
China China
Brazil Brazil
Italy Italy
Singapore Singapore
Australia Australia
Poland Poland
Austria Austria
New-zealand New-zealand
Switzerland Switzerland
Indonesia Indonesia

+ All our practical information

1 - Discover our hotels
Discover our hotels

Book your business trip or family holiday on and benefit from a wide selection of hotels, from budget to luxury.

1 - Discover our hotels + See
2 - Airport transfer
Airport transfer

Need to get to an airport? Book your transfer with our partner, Mozio.

2 - Airport transfer + See
3 - Your travel starts here...
Your travel starts here...

Get inspired by our travel ideas and find your ideal destination with The Magazine by!

3 - Your travel starts here... + See
As of 12 November 2014, this visa facilitation covers the following countries

Afghanistan ; Albania ; Argentina ; Bahrain ; Bangladesh ; Benin ; Botswana ; Brazil ; Brunei ; Burkina Faso ; Burma (Myanmar) ; Chad ; Cambodia ; China ; Colombia ; Comoros ; Congo ; Cuba ; Djibouti ; Dominican Republic ; Ecuador ; Egypt ; Equatorial Guinea ; El Salvador ; Ethiopia ; Fiji ; Gabon ; Guinea ; Haiti ; Hong Kong ; Iran ; Iraq ; India ; Ivory Coast ; Jamaica ; Kuwait ; Laos ; Lebanon ; Libya ; Macedonia ; Madagascar ; Malaysia ; Mali ; Mauritania ; Mauritius ; Mexico ; Mongolia ; Morocco ; Nepal ; New Zealand ; Niger ; Oman ; Pakistan ; Panama ; Papua New Guinea ; Paraguay ; Peru ; Qatar ; Saint Lucia ; Salvador ; Senegal ; Serbia ; Seychelles ; Singapore ; South Africa ; South Korea ; Sudan ; Surinam ; Taiwan ; Tanzania ; Thailand ; Togo ; Tunisia ; Turkmenistan ; Uganda ; Uruguay ; Vanuatu ; Venezuela ; Yemen ; Zimbabwe