A garden, decorated with statues of Spanish kings and a monumental fountain depicting King Phillip IV on horseback. This most impressive of all Madrid plazas is located between the Royal Palace and the Royal Theatre. At the request of Joseph Bonaparte, king of Spain from 1808 until 1813, the garden was created across from the Palace. In 1817, Ferdinand VII wished to landscape this space, but the project was only implemented during the reign of Isabelle II. The works carried out by Narciso Pascual y Colomer were concluded in 1844.
All year long :
Every day, 24/7