The Palacio de Aguas Corrientes, one of the most beautiful buildings in Buenos Aires, was built from 1887 to 1894 by the architects Carlos Nystömeyer and Olaf Boye with the help of the British company Bateman-Parsons y Bateman. The building met the sanitary needs of the city, which had been hit by many epidemics.
The Palace, listed as a historical monument, is Second Empire with ochre tones and overlapping polychrome tiles imported from England. Indeed, no less than 170 tiles and 130,000 bricks were required for the build. The facades are adorned with the coats of arms of the 14 provinces and the Federal capital, which still formed the Republic of Argentina in the nineteenth century.