Offer valid for stays from 30/03/2014 to 01/04/2014
Nyepi, known as the "Day of Silence," is an important religious event in Balinese Hindu culture and marks the celebration of the New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar.
This 2014 year, Nyepi Day falls on Monday, 31st March 2014 starting from 6 am until 6 am in the next day.
Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6 am on Tuesday, 1st April 2014.
A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of "Ogoh-ogoh" (giant monster dolls) and gongs as well as other instruments occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion.
During the Nyepi Day, the following rules (called Catur Brata Penyepian) will be implemented:
1. NO TRAVELING (AMATI LELUNGAN):
- Check-in and check-out will not be possible on Nyepi day.
Normal hotel activities will resume at 6 am on Tuesday, 1stApril 2014.
- Ngurah Rai International Airport will be closed
- Nobody is allowed in the streets
2. NO FIRE OR LIGHTS (AMATI GENI):
- The lights will be dimmed inside
- There will be no outdoor lighting
- The cable TV programs will not available (some hotels will provide movies program to watch in the room)
3. NO WORK OR PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES (AMATI KARYA):
- No activities are allowed on the beach
4. NO HAVING FUN/MAKING NOISE (AMATI LELANGUAN):
- The Hindu Balinese fast during this day, however, the hotels are exceptionally exempt from this rule in order to serve the guests
- Trying not to laugh or speak loud even inside the hotels' rooms.
It is the perfect time to retreat from the hectic world. Choose our hotels and start to experience this seclusion day.